Intel is known for their awesome computer processors and Intel’s 8th generation Coffee Lake CPUs have become the ideal processors for gamers especially Intel i7-8700K processor which is considered the best processor for those who want the best performance. In this guide, we will tell you about the best motherboards which you can use with the Intel i7 8700K. As Intel Coffee Lake Processors are only compatible with latest and greatest 300-series chipsets, we have selected the best 300-series motherboards. Let’s get started.
Top Motherboard for i7 800k
1. Asus Maximus X Hero Z370
Asus is a well-known gaming brand and it is known for its awesome and durable gaming products and Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 is no exception. Asus has recently launched their new motherboard lineup with Z370 chipset which makes them the perfect motherboards for Intel’s 8th generation CPUs. Asus is also known for its attractive RGB Lighting and Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 also comes with RGB Lighting which is placed all over the motherboard and it makes it perfect for a pro-level gaming setup.
Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 supports the following Hardware
- Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 comes with Z370 chipsets which supports the Intel’s 8th generation Coffee Lake Processors. As Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 is designed for gamers, overclocking with this motherboard is very easy. It also features an interactive BIOS menu which is very easy to use and also make it easy to tweak the settings and clock speeds to get the good performance.
- Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 also comes with 3 PCIe support and it also supports the AMD CrossFire and Nvidia SLI Configuration.
- Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 also supports the whopping 4133 MHz memory speed which you will not in other motherboards.
- Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 comes with Customizable RGB Lighting which you can use give the cool look to your gaming rig.
- It is comparatively little expensive but it offers great value for money as you will be getting top of the line specs.
- It comes with an interactive BIOS setting which is very easy to use.
- It has great overclocking potential which makes it ideal for those gamers who overclock their equipment to get the top of the line performance.
- It is very easy to install modules on Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 thanks to one-sided clips.
- Configuring the RGB Lighting may prove tricky for some people.
- Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 is a little expensive motherboard but if you want the top of the line performance, then it is one of the best motherboards you can currently get.
Why you should buy Asus Maximus X Hero Z370?
Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 is one of the best gaming motherboards and it will fit perfectly with your gaming rig. It is suitable for you if you want the best performance, easy installation and good RGB lighting.
2. Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is undoubtedly one of the best Z370 motherboards you can get and it checks all boxes of a good motherboard. Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is best for those people who want the phenomenal gaming experience without any compromise. It is fully compatible with Intel’s 8th generation processors as it features Z370 Chipsets.
Asus ROG Strix lineup is known for its Aura Sync LED Lighting system and it is also available in Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard. You can easily tweak the RGB lighting with the software. The best thing about the Asus Aura Sync LED Lighting system is that it is not only compatible with Asus components but also other components which have RGB lighting strips. You also don’t need a separate external controller and you can easily control everything directly from your Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard.
Another highlight of Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is its supports the Asus 5-Way Optimization technology which allows you to overclock with a single click. It also offers a variety of overclocking and cooling profiles which you can use.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard supports the following Hardware
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard comes with Z370 chipsets which make it ideal for Intel’s 8th generation Coffee Lake CPUs.
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard supports the both AMD CrossFire and Nvidia SLI configuration. So you can choose the graphics card of your own choice.
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is capable of supporting the max speed of 4000 MHz.
- It comes with Dual PCIe 3.0 x 4 M.2 slots which allow you to connect two NVMe SSDs in RAID configuration and it will allow you to enjoy up to 32 Gbps speed.
- If you are a fan of aesthetics then you will appreciate the Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard’s perfect RGB lighting which is the best in the bunch. You will also be able to manipulate it directly from the motherboard which is a major plus.
- It is also compatible with Intel Optane Memory.
- It is also perfect for Overclocking.
- It is very expensive but it also worth the price considering what it offers.
Why you should buy Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming is undoubtedly one of the best motherboards you can buy in 2019 and it is best for you if you want the good performance, it offers the similar performance to Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 and no matter which motherboard you choose you will get the good performance.
3. Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
Gigabyte is another popular brand in the gaming world and Gigabyte AORUS series includes the best-selling motherboards from Gigabyte. This series is highly geared toward the gaming enthusiast and Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 also checks all boxes of a good motherboard. In this motherboard, you will find the highly customizable RGB Fusion Lighting system feature over 300 LEDs.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard also comes with some advanced technologies like Thermal Guard Technology which is very effective in countering throttling and bottlenecks by dissipating the heat. It also comes with three M.2 connectors which you can use to achieve the high data transfer rate up to 32 Gbps. Another highlight of Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is its unique Smart Fan 5 system which takes the advantage of nine temperate sensors and 8 fans and water pump connectors.
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 supports the following Hardware configuration
- Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 features the Z370 chipset and it is fully compatible with Intel’s 8th generation processors.
- It supports the both AMD CrossFire and Nvidia SLI Technology. So you can use pretty much any GPU with this motherboard without any compatibility issues.
- Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 supports the max speed of 4133 MHz.
- Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is a VR Ready motherboard and if you are a fan of VR games then it is the perfect motherboard for you.
- Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is one of the best both in terms of performance as well as aesthetics.
- It has an RGB Fusion Lighting system which is highly customizable.
- It has great overclocking capabilities but it offers lower efficiency if you decide not to overclock.
- It is very expensive and the price tag should have been low considering the features it offers.
Why you should buy Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7?
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is best for you if you want VR Ready motherboard without spending a lot of money.
4. MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming
MSI is another famous brand and it is known for its quality gaming products and MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard is no exception. It is another great motherboard for gaming enthusiast as it has all the features of a good motherboard plus the brand name of MSI. MSI products are very good but they are also very expensive as well, the MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard is the most expensive motherboard in our list. However, if you want the best possible experience and doesn’t want to compromise anything then MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard is perfect for you.
MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard features the Mystic RGB Lighting which allows you to customize your RGB lighting with 16.8 million colors and 17 different effects with the help of Mystic Light APP. It also comes with Xtreme Audio DAC with Nahimic 2 which deliver the top of the line sound quality with 384 kHz/32-bit.
MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming supports the following Hardware
- MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming features the Z370 chipset which only supports the Intel’s 8th generation processors. MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard works flawlessly with Intel 8th generation processors and it can help you achieve high clock speeds.
- MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming also supports the both AMD CrossFire and Nvidia SLI configuration just like the other motherboards in this list.
- MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming feature the 4 288-pin DIMM slots which are capable of supporting the max speed of 4133 MHz.
- MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming has the great overclocking potential and it can help you achieve the high clock speeds.
- It has Mystic RGB Lighting which is highly customizable and you can control it from the Mystic Light App.
- MSI is one of the best gaming brands and it has done a good job with MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming, it has great aesthetics and has a very appealing look.
- It has a High-end audio pathway which you will find in very few motherboards.
- MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming is a VR Ready and if you are a fan of VR games then this is a great option for you.
- The major problem with this motherboard is its hefty price tag and it should have been lower considering the competition.
Why you should buy MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming
MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming is best for those people who want a good future-proof motherboard. You can also go for Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 which is also VR Ready and also less expensive then MSI-Z370 Godlike Gaming motherboard.
5. ASRock Z370 Extreme4
ASRock is not a well-known brand like other brands on this list but this company offers a pretty good motherboard at a very affordable price. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 is available for the price tag of $330 and it still features some good cutting-edge technologies. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 features the ASRock Hyper DDR4 technology which automatically optimizes the memory to provide the best performance while gaming and other resource-intensive tasks.
It also features the audiophile-grade hardware combine with advanced software audio solutions to provide good quality audio performance and it offers 120 dB signal-to-noise ratio which is remarkable. ASRock Z370 Extreme4 also have pretty good build quality, it features the two steel-reinforced PCIe slots which can install a powerful graphics card with heavy-duty custom cooler without any problem.
ASRock Z370 Extreme4 supports the following Hardware
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 rocks the Z370 chipset which makes it ideal for Intel Coffee Lake processors.
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 also supports the Nvidia Quad SLI and AMD 3-Way CrossFireX configurations which mean you can use graphics card of your choice from these companies.
- It also supports the DDR4 Memory and can support the max speed of 4333 MHz.
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 offers much better value for money as compared to its competitors.
- It has reasonable overclocking abilities.
- It also includes the RGB Lighting with you can customize according to your choice.
- It also has the good build quality and it feels sturdier.
- No error-code readout
Why you should buy ASRock Z370 Extreme4?
ASRock Z370 Extreme4 is best for those people who want to get a good motherboard without spending a lot of money.
Best Tips for choosing the best motherboard
Motherboards are the most important part of any PC and you should spend more time in selecting the best motherboard for your PC. In this guide, we have featured the best motherboards which you can buy for Intel i7 8700K processors.
If you are building the i7 gaming PC then it is clear that you want the best performance and for that, you should select a high-end motherboard which should be able to support the other components of your PC. We would recommend you to get a high-end motherboard as it is the core component and if you pick a low-end motherboard for your high-end components then it will not deliver the good performance.
Similarly, make sure to choose only those components which are compatible with your selected motherboard. You can check the detail specifications on the product page of the official website where you find all the information you need. If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.